Enjoying the bench
My top ten favourite things after living in my post-renovated house
- outdoor speakers and a great sound system that has been set up properly and completed!
- timber cladding – high maintenance, but the addition of a soft, textural material just adds the right amount of warmth and grounding
- great lighting – we’ve moved from having glarey downlights which were either on or off to having plenty of options for both task and ambient lighting. Feature pendants, wall lights, lamps and beautiful semi-recessed led downlights – heaven
- hardwood floors – beats the pine we were living with before. Selecting the right floor has meant our ginormous lab can be a lab – without us stressing that she’s going to trash the floors
- separation – different zones means peace for everyone!
- my natural marble island bench – mince pies here we come!! There was not a hesitation on our side about using marble – it’s warm, soft and beautiful to work on
- a rangehood that works
- lying in bed and seeing nothing but nature (and a little bit of cladding!)
- sheer curtains – heaven
- the way the house works – it is the first time we have lived in a home designed by an architect and what a difference it makes to the light and the overall sense of space.
interior design & decoration